07 July 2006

Another bored office worker


After reading a few blogs recently I thought I'd give it a go myself.

Of course some of the blogs I've been reading are by people with interesting jobs, police officers, ambulance drivers, bus drivers, that kind of thing. I sit in an office all day so this blog isn't going to be as interesting as some.

I do, however, have a couple of hobbies that people might find interesting (or not) and my wife and I are off to Vietnam for a holiday in January. So if this blog is still around by then it will get better... I hope.

One of those hobbies is amateur radio, a hobby I share with my younger brother. I recently went round to his place to help him install a new antenna on his roof... his second storey roof.

I also have a private pilot's licence. Now it's a little known fact that a higher percentage of pilots don't like heights than non-pilots. Sure we don't mind flying upside-down at five thousand feet, but climbing ten feet up a ladder is a totally different kettle of fish. So you can imagine what I look like when I'm climbing up and down the ladder.

Anyway, the picture above is on the first storey. My wife wanted to take my photo while I was up there and it was a good chance to have a play with the new digital camera. I'll post a lot more pics on here as photography is another hobby of mine.

--------
edited 11/11/06
This bit wasn't here when I first started blogging, but I needed somewhere to park the picture of my desk when I changed to look of the blog and this seemed the best place.

After all, who's gonna look here?

This entry is becomming a bit of a repository of pictures

1 comment:

Gargoyle said...

Hey, I can see the Gargoyling bent here! Meditation... Good start, but to achieve true greatness, one must wait for the dusk light, just enough to make your outline against the sky, draw out the talons and fangs, fix the stare like stone, and wait... Ah, I hear footsteps!