16 June 2007

A couple of things

I've been tagged by Caramaena again.

I tend to avoid these sort of things, mainly because I don't like passing them on. Just like I never pass on an e-mail that tells me to pass it on to ten people in your address book and you'll get good luck.

But I thought this one might be fun to have a go at, so here goes.

Two names you go by:
- I've been called a lot of things in the past, some of which I can't publish here, and that was by my friends.
- Steven. Yes I know that's my name, but most people call my Steve. When Donna calls me Steven I always think I'm in trouble for something, and I'm usually right.

Two things you're wearing right now:
- Slippers.
- My wedding ring.

Two things you would want (or have) in a relationship:
- Friendship.
- Trust.

Two of your favourite things to do:
- Taking photos.
- Learning something new.

Two things you want very badly at the moment:
- To have a job where I'm glad to get up in the morning and go to work.
- To have a job where I'm glad to get up in the morning and go to work.

Two pets you have had:
- A scorpion. Not the most exciting animal to keep as they spend most of their time hiding under a rock.
- Guppies. They got eaten by the goldfish.

Two people I would like to do this:
- Any volunteers? As I said, I don't like passing these things on.

Two things you did last night:
- Had a couple of glasses of Mount Gay Rum. Not as good as Tanduay, but better than some I've tasted. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find.
- Watched Big Brother, Friday Night Games.

Two things you ate today:
Maybe I should have done this later in the day when I'd had more than just a cup of tea. I'll have to tell you something I ate yesterday.
- My usual sandwiches and crisps at work. I always take lunch to work, it's so much cheaper than buying it, especially when you work in the city.
- Baked red snapper done in a sauce made from tomatoes, onion, herbs and white wine. The recipe is a variation of the one in the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet.

Two people you last talked to:
- Donna
- Xena the fat beagle. Sarah had gone to work by the time I got up otherwise it would have probably been her.

Two things you are doing tomorrow:
- Maybe work in the garden. The bindii is starting to come out again (no not Steve Irwin's daughter), so I'd better do something about that soon. They say spring is the best time to get rid of it as that's when they're growing the most, but it's winter here at the moment and the bindii is really taking off.
- If the tides and weather are okay, we might go for a walk out to King Island as Wellington Point. King island is the little clump of trees and bushes near the northern end of the sandbar in that link. You'll get wet if you try walking to it at high tide.

Two longest car rides:
- Our regular trips to Armidale.
- The drive from Arrawarra to home via Nimbin a couple of months ago.
We had a driving holiday for our honeymoon, so you could count that as the longest drive, but that was spread over three weeks and included a trip to Armidale.

Two favourite holidays:
- Driving a motorhome around the south island of New Zealand in May last year. That was Donna's first ever trip overseas.
- A week in Vietnam in January this year. That was Donna's first ever trip to a foreign country.

Two favourite beverages:
- Although I've only just discovered it recently, Tanduay Rhum (yes that is the correct spelling).
- Benedictine.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

A pet scorpion?? That's got to be the most unusual pet I've ever heard of.