18 April 2008

Good luck

Yesterday morning, while walking to the bus, I passed a couple of bottlebrush trees about two doors up from our place. As I walked past I scared a couple of rainbow lorikeets and they took off about a foot away from my head. I nearly had kittens.

This morning, while walking past the same trees, I was a bit more cautious. I could see them near the top of the second tree, so I knew they weren't going to fly too close to me this time. As I walked under the tree, thinking it was maybe not a good idea to walk right underneath, I heard a short squirting sound. Then something wet hit me on top of the head.

Luckily, lorikeets are nectar feeders, so when they poo on youit tends to be watery rather than brown and white and obvious.

Oh well, it's supposed to be good luck. I'm still waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect the good luck theory is based on the idea that after being dumped on, whatever happens next has to be an improvement!

Reminds me of a verse from my distant youth -

"Little birdie, flying high,
Drops a message from the sky.
Angry farmer, wiping eye,
Thanking God the cows don't fly."

Cheers :-),

John Frog