04 May 2008

No, no, no, no, yes

Donna and I were watching Big Brother tonight.

During the ads, a cry came from Sarah's room. "Nooooooo", or something like that. Nothing bad had happened on BB, but I had an idea what she was crying about. I grabbed the remote (being a guy, it was close by), and changed the channels. The Logies were on.

Now, if you don't live in Australia, you won't know what the Logies are. John Logie Baird basically invented TV. In Australia we have a yearly TV awards thingy that is named after him. Why it wasn't called the Bairds or even the Johns I don't know, but we have the Logies, a bit like the BAFTAs or the Oscars, but not in the same league.

Anyway, a "nooooo" came from Sarah's room during the ads while we were watching BB. I straight away knew she wasn't upset about Terri going back into the house. I looked at Donna and she said something about Sarah watching the Logies. Then I knew what she was upset about.

One of the nominees for this year's best new male talent was Lincoln Lewis, of Home and Away fame. I've blogged about him before. I grabbed the remote, changed the channel, there was Lincoln making his acceptance speech.

Now, I hate H&A (home and as far away as possible), but from what I've seen of Lincoln when I've been in the room while Sarah's watching it, he's not a bad actor. I think he deserved the award and I suspect Sarah did really. The only reason she was pissed off was because she went to school with him and didn't like him because he wasn't in her group of friends.

I don't know if Sarah heard the "Yaaaay" from the living room when I changed the channel and heard he'd won, but I'd like to congratulate him. I'm not saying that to piss Sarah off, he was better than the competition, most of whom I'd never heard of. It's always good to see someone from the Redlands doing well, like Marty from Biggest Loser last year. You always get the feeling you might bump into them in Coles and get the opportunity to ignore them. I've seen Ian McFadyen a few times, despite the disguise and I didn't yell out and ask him to do his David Attenborough impersonation.

Anyway, congratulations Lincoln, and next time someone does a search on Google to find out if you're gay and they come across my blog, I'm here to tell them you're not. You're not are you?

3 comments:

Dave said...

You mean you don't know Steve?
(Not being a TV addict I don't even know who you are talking about) - Dave

Steve said...

Dave,

When you say you don't know who I'm talking about, I assume you mean Ian McFadyen. He used to be on a show called the comedy company, and one of his characters was a send up of David Attenborough.

Lincoln Lewis is an actor on Home and (as far) Away (as possible). Basically, a kids show, like Eastenders and Emerdale Farm.

I'm really glad you don't know who I'm talking about, I still watch enough TV that, unfortunately, I know who they are.

Oh, to be a lighthouse keeper, my ideal job, living in the middle of nowhere, cut off from so called civilisation.

Dave said...

Thanks for the explanation Steve. - Dave