16 October 2008

Eggheads

Back in January when Donna and I were on our European holiday, we stayed with an aunt an uncle in Haultwick, Hertfordshire.

They had this great egg holder where, when you put eggs in it, the eggs formed the tops of monks' heads. I straight away decided I'd have to see if I could find one when we got back home.

Well I recently managed to find one on eBay and here it is.



Then while looking on eBay a couple of weeks after it arrived I saw a similar one, this time the characters looked like academics, so I put a bid on it and was the only one to do so.



So now we've got plenty of places to put our eggs. I haven't looked recently to see if there are any more like these. We'd end up with a kitchen full of egg holders if I did.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

OH I LOVE those egg holders! I shall have to troll around Ebay to find my own set now!

Dave said...

Interesting devices Steve. You need to start a collection. - Dave

Steve said...

I think that's already happened Dave :)