10 December 2008

Cutting the cheese

We've all done it before, you're cutting the cheese, you push a little too hard and oops, you have an accident.

It happened to me the other day and all I can say is I'm lucky my pork-pie didn't end up on the kitchen floor.

Oh I'm sorry, if you read my previous post on flatulence you're probably thinking along the wrong lines. Let me start again.

I was getting my lunch and had a pork-pie on my plate, you know those lovely pastry things with the cold meat and a bit of jelly in them that Australians can never understand, cold meat pie, yuck.

Rather than dirty a cutting board to cut some cheese I used the plate the pie was on. You know how they always say you should use the right tool for the job? Well that goes the same for the kitchen. I was using an old steak knife that was coming due for retirement. In fact it retired while I was using it.

The handle and the blade parted company and, because I was pushing so hard, my hand thumped down onto the edge of the plate on the opposite side to that holding the pie.

The pie was catapulted upwards with sufficient force for it to hit me in the forehead. The only reason it didn't end up on the floor was because I was quick enough to squash it against the kitchen cupboard with my hips.

I'm a bit more careful now when I cut the cheese, but I still push too hard sometimes and scare myself.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Take care Steve. You'll be on compo next... - Dave