17 January 2011

Shark!!

When the flood waters started to recede last week, there were reports in the news that Bull Sharks had been seen swimming around the streets of Goodna, a suburb of Ipswich. They're often reported a fair way up the Brisbane river, even under normal conditions, and Goodna is on the Brisbane River.

I'm starting to think the reports may have been more than just rumour, after we came across this out the back of my step-daughter Jess's house in Ipswich during the clean up.



She and her husband live next to the Bremer River, which runs into the Brisbane River, and ended up with about a foot of water in their house.

I don't think it's a Bull Shark though.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

I hope it wasn't too hard for Jess and her husband to clean up.

My sister lives just outside of Ipswich on a hill. Their neighbours (below them) had water up to their ceilings :(

My sister had water in her yard but it stopped about a metre below the house. She was very lucky.