11 June 2011

15 minutes of fame

Okay, it wasn't really fifteen minutes and you'd only know it was me if you knew me personally, but I was on the tele recently.

A couple of months ago, my niece Katrina told us one of the local TV shows was doing a segment on their kayaking business and they needed a few volunteers to come along for a paddle on the day. Well I jumped at the chance, not so much because I wanted to be on TV, but it was an opportunity to go for another paddle, and also to see how the show was made.

So on the day I met everyone at our launch site, we spent about an hour on the water, followed by a nice morning tea of tea and muffins while we chatted with the crew.

When the show was aired about six weeks later I was surprised to see they'd filmed me in closeup in a panning shot as I paddled past the camera boat. And I'd spent all that time trying to avoid getting too close to the camera in case it looked like I was trying to get my face on TV.

The video is now online, so if you'd like to watch it go here.

I've watched it so many times, that it probably adds up to 15 minutes now.

3 comments:

caramaena said...

Was that you at 3:44?

caramaena said...

Bleh - sorry I mean 1:11!

Steve said...

That was me. Can't believe how serious I looked. The facial hair does tend to hide the smile sometimes. I got to paddle that kayak that Laurel was using a few of weeks later, and it's like sitting in an armchair, it's so comfortable.