14 August 2011

Home made tools

The mixer tap in our kitchen has been leaking a bit just lately, so I finally got around to pulling it apart today to find out what size cartridge we need to fix it.

I've never fixed a mixer tap before, and when I went to pull it apart, I discovered the biggest spanner I had, at 1 inch, wasn't big enough. So I went down stairs, grabbed a couple of off cuts from the boat I'm building, and a bit of rope, and made a pipe wrench. It worked surprisingly well.



I was a bit disappointed that Donna didn't jump up and down and say how clever I was, but I guess she's just so used to my genius, that it wasn't any surprise to her.

If you're knew to this blog, the above is sarcasm, the bit about genius is anyway. I thought I was clever.

3 comments:

dogbait said...

Any chance of a quick trip to Victoria with that handy tool?

Steve said...

I can do better than that, I can give you instructions on how to make one yourself. Take two bits of wood and tie a bit of rope around them :)

english school of motoring said...

I love that you took a photo of it ! ! well done ! hahah