04 November 2007

Seafood

We fly to England at the end of next month.

Yesterday I was on the Singapore Airlines website looking at our bookings. If you've booked your flight with them online, you can select your seats and meals in advance. We already know what seats we've got for the flights, I fixed that up a couple of days after booking when I realised I could do it.

Every now and then I have a look at the booking to see if anyone with better seats than us has cancelled so I can change ours. We've got pretty good seats anyway, but window seats right at the front of a section, with no-one sitting in front of us would be good. There's nothing worse than being twenty minutes into an eight hour flight, and the moron in front of you reclines their seat and leaves it there for the rest of the flight.

Anyway, while I was looking at the airline's website I decided to see what was included in the seafood meals, as opposed to the standard ones. This involved going into the change meals page and changing it to seafood. I now find I can't change it back to standard meals so I've got seafood for every meal, there and back.

I may be able to change it when I check in, which I can do online within forty eight hours of the flight, or it may mean contacting them personally.

Not that it matters. I like seafood, so I'm not too worried if that's all I eat on the flights. It'll also mean I get my meals before everyone else. I certainly can't complain about that.

2 comments:

David said...

Hi Steve, I will be in Tweed Heads from Wed 21 Nov till Thursday 29, If you're there between those two dates let me know and we can have a beer some where. David

There was a story in the Times a couple of weeks ago re Stagecoach shares going up by 16p which suggested a takeover bid for the company. So far no more news. You seem to be a bit futher down the line re takeover.

Steve said...

Maybe I should buy some Stagecoach shares. One of our local drivers has a Stagecoach bag, I don't know if he's been over to the UK, haven't seen him for a few weeks.

My email is vk4vsp@gmail.com, I'm close enough to the Tweed that we can meet up any time on the weekend. I'm still planning to ride a number 12 when we get to England in January.