04 June 2008

A date at last

I got my form A today.

What that means is, I now know how long I've got till I become unemployed. I finish up on the 2nd of July. We had the option of signing the paperwork today and chosing when we want to go, or waiting and making a decision over the next nine weeks. I signed the form and go in four weeks. At least one of my coleagues, AJ, signed to go next week.

Now AJ has an internship lined up at a hospital in Beijing, he's been studying remedial massage for the past couple of years, and that's what he'll be doing. I told him he's going to have to do a blog about it and he seems pretty keen. Once he starts it, I'll let you all know about it.

Now that I have a definite date I can actively start looking for another job and it's such a relief that the starting gate has finally been opened, so to speak. I've actually already been offered a job, but I'm not sure I want to do night fill at Coles supemarkets. At least I know I've got that to fall back on though.

If anyone has a job going for a zoology student with a truck licence and lots of other experience, let me know. If you're from Amway though, don't bother. That's so unoriginal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations mate - all the best for the world outside the Big T. (There is one, although I'll admit I'm not any fatter now than I was when I was chained under the same yoke you are about to escape)!
Keep us posted!

Cheers, John F & Kara R (one day to be F if she's silly enough to go through with it...!)

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add - the countdown timer is great! JF

Dave said...

DONT go to Amway. Been there... cost us more than we made. - Dave

Anonymous said...

It's ten to ten on the evening of 2nd July - you're a free man, living life outside the big T!
Cheers mate,

John F