10 April 2009

It's pick on Richard Wilson day

If you've ever watched the old series, "One foot in the grave", you're familiar with the catchphrase, "Oh I don't believe it!"

Poor old Richard Wilson has had to put up with strangers coming up to him and reciting that line ever since Victor Meldrew was killed off in the series.

Anyway, I was watching Father Ted tonight. At the beginning of the episode Father Dougal had been watching One Foot in the Grave and kept reciting the line, "I don't believe it", much to the hilarity of both him and Ted. They were visiting the mainland and were planning to visit some caves while they were there.

Well while they were there they noticed that one of the other tourists was none other than Richard Wilson. Much was made in the episode of Mr Wilson being totally pissed off with people thinking "I don't believe it" was funny when they saw him, to the point he got quite violent toward Father Ted. Here's a link to part of the episode featuring Richard Wilson himself.

Well I watched No Heroics after that, then there was a short link into the next show provided by Ardman's "Creature Comforts" The animals on the show were all talking about impersonations. It finished off with three crows trying to do a Frank Spencer impersonation. From that they went into a Victor Meldrew impersonation.

I just about wet myself.

I hope Richard Wilson isn't in the country at the moment.

Incidently, if you have a Tom tom satnav, you can get a Victor Meldrew voice for it. I want one, except we have a Garmin.

No comments: