14 September 2006

RDO

We've both got RDOs today, so we've been taking it easy, sort of.

We went to a travel agent to book a hotel and organise our visas for the Vietnam trip in January. Then we had a look in a couple of bag shops for a small back pack for my uni residential. I'm looking for something that'll hold by books, my camera, my lunch and my jacket on the inside and a water bottle and rock hammer on the outside.

If you're wondering why a rock hammer, I'm majoring in geology.

We then wandered around Sanity looking at CDs. I think it was around then that my wife accused me of wasting time to get out of doing house work when we got home.

I'm now sitting here finishing off a cup of tea and listening to the new Joe Satriani CD, Super Colossal. We've got tickets to see him in November at the Convention Centre on his G3 Downunder tour with Steve Vai and John Petrucci.

That's my birthday present for this year as it's about a week before my birthday. We've also got tickets to see Robbie Williams at Suncorp Stadium as it's the day after my wife's birthday.

Gee, I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Dodderyoldfart said...

Pity you didn't live closer.
I could do you a great deal on rocks ...

Steve said...

I was over in May on the south island and I'll be on the north island with the inlaws in '98.

Might have to hold you to that.

Steve said...

I can't believe I said '98.

Actually, yes i can, it's the demon drink.

I'll be on the north island in 2008.