18 March 2007

One eyed trouser snake

Okay, it's not really a trouser snake, but it would fit in your pocket and it does only have one eye.


The snake Brett is holding in this picture is a young carpet python that he and Jess are caring for. It's been attacked by a bird and lost an eye in the process. Brett reckons the vet put in a glass eye, but I didn't get close enough for a good look. Not that I was afraid you understand. It's just that I was looking at the LCD to see how the photos had come out an Brett put the snake away before I had a chance to handle it myself. Honest!

This little feller will eventually grow to about 2 metres long and may be able to get its own back on the birds then.

It's funny, they don't seem at all frightening when you see them that size.

1 comment:

BwcaBrownie said...

oh the poor thing.
I am a complete sook aout injured animals.

I am housesitting and there are Beware Of Snakes signs on the reserve at the rear where i have been told to walk the 2 border collies.

I'm walkin em out the front.