10 March 2007

Stress

I've been doing a lot of studying just lately.

I mentioned recently about the subjects I'm studying at uni. Well, I've come to the conclusion that maths is easier than chemistry. All I have to do is keep plugging along with maths and I'll get there. Matrix algebra is very tedious, but it's certainly not hard once you get your head around it.

Chemistry on the other hand is getting me really frustrated. My main problem is I let it slip in favour of maths for the first week and then I had a mad rush to catch up with it so I could complete an assignment this week. You know how it is when you don't understand something, but you have to get an understanding of it quickly, so you get frustrated. The more frustrated you get, the harder it is to find the information you need to get that understanding.

Going by the online forum we have for that subject, I'm certainly not the only one in that boat. Someone in my class mentioned that big breaths and alcohol were helping her get through. All I could think of was the scene in a Carry On film where a doctor, stethoscope in hand says to his young female patient, "big breath". To which she replies, "yeth and I'm only thikthteen".

-------------------------------

When Donna and I got married about two and a half years ago, one of my colleagues and her boyfriend were about to leave at the end of the reception and I said to the boyfriend, "you'll be next".

He disagreed, saying it would be another couple that were at the wedding, one of which also worked with me.

I reminded him of this last Saturday as they emerged from the church, newly married. Some people you can just tell they're meant for each other as soon as you see them together.

It's funny, I wore the same clothes to that wedding as I wore to my own and I couldn't get the top button done up on the shirt. It would have literally choked me if I had. Married life has obviously been good to me.

----------------------

I was going to change the title of this entry so that it reflected both topics, but I thought "Stress and Married Life" would be a bit misleading.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

--
I was going to change the title of this entry so that it reflected both topics, but I thought "Stress and Married Life" would be a bit misleading.
--

Not to mention a little hazardous to your health if Donna reads ;)