12 April 2007

Another Res

We're off to Armidale tomorrow morning, I've got another university residential. This one is eight days of mapping and sedimentology, with four days at Lake Keepit (or Puddle Keepit with this drought), clambering over rocks and mapping the area.

As I've dropped chemistry for this semester we have some free time, so we're planning a slow drive back to Brisbane. We'll probably come back via Dorrigo, which is a very nice town, with a stop at Coffs Harbour to buy some seafood at the fisherman's co-op. I visited the co-op a couple of years ago on another residential and saw deep sea bugs (like Moreton Bay bugs or Balmain bugs, but smaller and sweeter) and I'm determined to see what they taste like.

We're thinking maybe a night or two at Arawarra and then travel slowly up the coast. I don't have to be at work until the first Friday in May and Donna starts her new job the beginning of that week.

The batteries are charged, the memory cards are empty, get ready for some nice pics.

Speaking of pics, Sarah's (youngest step-daughter) best friend Jen is off to England for an indefinite period next week, so we loaned her a Nikon compact camera to make sure she takes plenty of photos. Maybe I can talk her into creating her own blog, although it may be to late, as the this evening was the last chance we got to see her before she goes away.

If someone gets on your bus with an Aussie accent and doesn't know where she's going, be nice to her and get her to take your picture. Make sure her name is Jen first though.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

Enjoy your res. I haven't been to Armidale for a long long time, though I remember taking the bus from there to the coast (home was south of Coffs) regularly :)

I remember how beautiful it used to be when driving down the Dorrigo mountain - with all the little streams/waterfalls down the side. I presume a lot of those would have dried up in the drought though.