30 April 2007

Everyone's been busy

I go away for a couple of weeks and everyone decides to get busy on their blogs. It's taken me ages to catch up with what everyone has been doing, and I don't actually read a lot of blogs, just the one's in my sidebar.

Anyway, we had a great time, even when I was trudging around sweating in dry creek beds at Lake Keepit. We did heaps of walking after the residential was over too. The cabin we stayed in at Arrawarra for three nights was right next to the creek and had ocean views, and I'm not talking Gold Coast type views either. I mean miles of beach with hardly anyone on them.

There's 470 more pictures on the computer now as a result of the trip. There would have been more but I inadvertently deleted over a hundred before transferring them from the laptop. I don't think there was anything really special in the ones I lost, but it means we'll have to check out the waterfalls and the rainforest at Dorrigo again.

Donna got some good pics at the trout hatchery at Ebor, so I don't think we'll visit there again. I've already been there twice. Incidentally, if you're ever driving from Armidale to Coffs Harbour the hatchery is well worth a visit, $3.30 per adult and $1.10 for a bag of feed for the fish. If you go at the right time you get to see the fish right from eggs up to three year old monsters. The fish are used to stock rivers all over New South Wales for recreational fishermen (fisherpeople).

So now we're back home. I've got a maths assignment to do this week and I'm gradually working my way through the pictures I took, tweaking them a bit and adding keywords and deciding which ones I'll upload.

I go back to work on Friday, not looking forward to that.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

welcome back :)

will the photos be going up anywhere for us to see?