17 July 2008

Trying something new

I tried something new today.

No, it wasn't a new food or drink and I didn't visit somewhere I hadn't been before.

I cut my own hair.

Now you're probably thinking my god, I wonder what that looks like. Well it's actually not too bad if I do say so myself, maybe not quite as good as when Donna does it for me, but definitely passable. In fact, I think I did a better job than I do when I trim my beard. Of course I always get a buzz cut which makes it quite easy to do. Trying to get the scissors round the right way while looking at myself in the mirror would have been just about impossible.

Donna hasn't seen it yet as she's still at work. I just know she's going to ask how I tidied up around my ears, since she always uses the scissors for that bit. I'm pretty sure she'll want to fix up the back of my neck because I can feel the bits I've missed when I run my hands over it.

I wonder if I should add it to my resume as another skill.

3 comments:

Dave said...

You can always shave it all off if it looks bad Steve. That style is still in here so guess it is there too.

If it is acceptable to Madonna, congratulations and well done. - Dave

Madonna said...

Doesn't look to bad babe just needs the back of the neck and the top of the head redone and the jagged line fixed that you have created on the back, that might be the hardest thing to fix :). Glad you didn't cut your ears off with the scissors.

Steve said...

I guess I'll have to wear a high collar tomorrow night when we go to see Lenny Henry. Not that he'll notice from that distance.