28 October 2006

I've been working on the chain gang

Okay, it wasn't that bad, but Donna and I drove up to Redcliffe today to help her dad shift some rocks.

He's putting in a rainwater tank at the back of their house and all the old pavers and pebbles had to be moved. Now I don't mind a bit of physical labour like that every now and then, but today just happened to be the hottest day we've had since last summer, 30 degrees celsius.

Incidentally, with the lack of rain we've been having here lately, if you order a rainwater tank these days you can expect to wait at least two months for it to turn up, there's such a big backlog. Everyone is installing them because the dams are getting so low.

Ours holds about 2500 litres, or 560 imperial gallons (670 if you like your gallons US), and gets used mainly in the vege garden. When it does rain we always wish we had another one because it overflows and all that lovely rainwater gets wasted down the drain.

I just know I'm going to be really stiff tomorrow (stop sniggering, I don't mean that kind of stiff).

1 comment:

caramaena said...

I was born in Redcliffe hospital :)

Haven't been there in a long time though.