08 January 2007

Summer

We've been having a pretty mild summer so far. In fact, I heard the other day that this is the coldest summer we've had in Brisbane for the last 25 years.

Because it's been so mild, and because my desk at work has more than its fair share of air conditioning vents, I'm still wearing long sleeved shirts and singlets (vests, or undershirts for the non-Aussies) to work. Our air-con wasn't working for about the first hour and a half this morning, so I was fully expecting to go home this afternoon smelling a bit. I was starting to think that some of my clothing was going to have to come off.

Luckily the A/C started to work around 9am because there was no way I was going to the toilet just to remove my singlet. I was ready to get bare chested at my desk.

Now I don't mind that it's finally warming up here, but I am a bit pissed off at the timing. It could have waited another two weeks. We fly out to Hanoi on the 20th and it's winter over there. By the time we go, we're going to be acclimatised to the hot weather and we'll have to get used to the not-so-hot weather of North Vietnam.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

I'm still wearing jeans and long sleeved tops to work too (and sometimes I'm still too cold!). Crazy!

Mind you it's meant to be 39 degrees tomorrow - I might just be able to get away with jeans and a t-shirt!