29 July 2007

Psycic cat, or murdering moggy

There was an interesting story in the news the other day. You can click here to read it.

It seems there's a two year old cat called Oscar who lives in a nursing home in the US. Oscar apparently has the ability to tell when a patient is going to die, and he curls up on the bed next to them for their final hours.

His ability is so reliable that the staff there now call the patient's relatives in preparation whenever they find him on someones bed. I'd have thought resuscitation might have been a better option, but what do I know.

Anyway, I've been thinking, and there's a few ways of looking at this;

A) Oscar really does have a sixth sense.

B) The patients don't really like cats, and the ones that are about to die are the only ones that don't push poor Oscar off the bed.

C) Oscar is actually a psychopathic, murdering moggy and the only reason he knows which patient is about to die is because he's the one doing it.

I've got to admit that I'm a bit skeptical about extra sensory perception and all that, but I do tend to think that option A is still the most likely. Option B is still quite possible too.

A couple of weeks ago when I was ill, I went and had a lie down on the bed and Dizzy came in and lay on the bed with me. Normally she'll lie next to my legs and rest her head or her paw on my ankles. This time she snuggled up to my chest and rested her head on my shoulder.

Either she sensed I wasn't feeling well, or she was waiting for me to fall asleep so she could smother me.

Guess what Dizzy, you aren't in the will. It won't do you any good.

2 comments:

caramaena said...

So you're not one of those crazy cat people that leaves them millions then?

Steve said...

If I had millions I can think of more worthy charities than cats or dogs.