02 August 2007

Unfortunate captions

The present CEO of Telstra often gets compared to Cheech Marin of Cheech and Chong fame.

Imagine the reaction at work when the picture below appeared. Check out the bit in blue.


Okay, I've cropped the rest out to make it funnier. He's actually talking about broadband speeds, or lack thereof, here in Australia.

On the topic of broadband, I got a new Next G mobile phone yesterday. It seems funny watching a minisode of Starsky and Hutch while sitting on the bus on the way home.

2 comments:

caramaena said...

lol :)

So are the Next G phones worth it? My mum has one and keeps telling me I should get one. I don't know that it's worth it for me. All I ever do with my mobile is the very occasional call and a few texts a month.

Steve said...

If your mum has one you can make video calls to her.

I've been playing with mine a lot in the past two days and there are some really useful features. You can find out where the cheapest petrol in your area is, or the nearest doctor's surgery.

I guess it comes down to how much it would cost you to get one. As I'm on a staff plan, it's cheaper than what a normal customer would pay and the repayments are only $5 a month with the staff MRO.