03 August 2007

Another trip to the doctor

I paid the doctor another visit yesterday.

It was the same problem as last time, having trouble doing a full pee and feeling constipated. I thought I'd do something about it before I got to the fever stage this time.

I managed to see my regular doctor this time (I'll call her Dr M), she's actually the wife of the doctor I saw last time (Dr R). I was actually booked in to see a different female doctor, but Dr M must have seen my name on the computer and she was free, so she came out and got me. Thankfully I didn't get a finger up the bum this time. Dr M has thinner fingers than her husband, but you should see her nails. Makes your eyes water just thinking about it.

Anyway, I came away with another script for antibiotics and a few referrals for blood tests and ultrasounds, just to make sure my prostate, kidneys and other stuff are okay. My father-in-law had a bladder infection years ago, that was caused by a kidney stone that had created a bit of a blockage. Bladder infections are actually quite uncommon in men apparently.

I'll just be glad when the antibiotics start to work again and I don't have to get up to pee three times a night.

I won't even mention the turtle head feeling, oops I just did.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

Oh that's no good Steve. Hope it turns out to be nothing major.

I really hope it's not a kidney stone. J suffers from those and they're not fun. Perhaps you need to up your water intake just in case?