12 August 2007

Tap dancing

I'm going for an ultrasound on Wednesday to check my bladder and kidneys, etc.

The appointment is at 9:30 am, so I have to drink a litre of water between 8:30 and 9:00, then not pee until after the scan. I've never had to do that before, so I thought I'd do a practice run this morning while I worked on a uni assignment.

I started at 9:30 and managed to drink all the water within half an hour. That was the easy bit.

By 10:30 I was starting to feel it, but not too bad. I managed to hold on long enough that the appointment would have, hopefully, been finished. By 10:50 I was starting to wriggle a lot and decided it was time to take a break from the uni assignment and go for a much needed pee.

As I was planning to use the downstairs toilet, (Sarah and her friend were in the room next door to the upstairs one) I had to go through the laundry to get to it. Donna had put a load of clothes on and the washing machine had emptied into the tub as it should. Unfortunately, the plughole in the tub was blocked and the water wasn't draining away. It was less than an inch away from overflowing all over the floor. So, I had to clear the blockage before I could go to the toilet.

I'm just glad no-one was watching me, I'm not very good at tap dancing.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

rofl!

Now you've practiced that, try waiting an extra half hour (these scans never seem to be on time) and then try going to the loo and letting about half out! So, not easy and that's what they did to me when I went in for a scan when I was pregnant.