23 December 2006

33 cents richer

I mentioned recently that I'd registered with some photo libraries, there are links to a couple of them in my sidebar.

Well I've just sold my first photo. You can view a small version of the picture here.

Because of the way these libraries work, you don't make much money per sale (only 33 cents US for this one, about 50 cents Australian), but the pictures can be sold over and over and after a while it starts to add up. The more pictures you have available for sale, the better your chances of making money from them.

It's amazing how good 50 cents can make you feel though. I've had an article published in a magazine before, with accompanying photos, but this is the first time anyone that I didn't know personally has ever paid for one of my photos.

---------

I got tagged by Caramaena recently. That means I'm supposed to tell you my five favourite Christmas songs, then pick five people to tag.

I've been thinking about it, and the only Christmas songs I like are the ones that Bing Crosby used to sing, "White Christmas", "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", you know the ones. My favourite is probably the Hawaiian one "Mele Kalikimaka" (boy that frightened the spell checker).

As far as picking five people to tag, I'm going to cheat like Caramaena did with her fifth choice and pick you, you, you, you and you over the back there that's trying to avoid eye contact in case I pick you. In other words, you can all let me know your five favourite Christmas songs, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

Congrats on the photo being sold :) Nice pic too.

Merry Christmas Steve!