05 December 2006

The answer to the question about life, the universe and everything

Ok, I was wrong about the questions I'd get asked when I got back to work.

Most people just said, "You're back".
To which I usually mumbled the reply, "I don't wanna talk about it".

I had 216 e-mails in my inbox, most of which I could delete straight away without reading them. One of them mentioned the Christmas lunch at Gilhoolie's Pub, which was last Friday and no-one thought to let me know. So I missed out on a free feed and, looking at the menu, it was a good one too.

Nothing's changed while I've been away. The work is exactly the same, the view is the same (I hardly even look out the window now), the frustrations are the same. Our database seems to be crashing a lot more than before so the frustrations, even though they're the same, are more numerous.

I think the only highlight of the day was see a woman abseil past my window. I managed to get a photo, but she was outside the second floor by then, so it's not as good as it could have been.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the title of today's post, that's how old I am today. I used to say, you're only as old as the woman you feel, but I don't since I met Donna. She's older than me.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Happy birthday...
Dave.

caramaena said...

Happy birthday!