10 December 2006

Birthday presents

I was going to write about American Idol today and how unbelievably bad it was this year, but about half way through the show last night, the guys started singing. Some of them were actually quite good. Although, the eventual winner (it finished in May) certainly wasn't the best one last night.

No, I'm going to write about birthday presents.

Because Donna and I have our birthdays only a week apart, Jess, my oldest step-daughter, and her fiancee Brett decided they'd get us a combined present this year. They turned up this morning with it in a large cardboard box. Donna thought it was Joe Satriani coming round the corner when she saw Brett. He's just had his head shaved and was wearing wraparound sunnies.

Anyway, the box was clucking, or rather the contents were. It contained four young weed scratching, kitchen scrap devouring, egg laying machines

We said we weren't going to name this lot, but I'm sure we will in the end. I was thinking maybe, Ricky-Lee, Kate, Emily and Paulini. If you don't live in Australia you won't get that. They are the "Young Divas", a group formed from four ex Australian Idol contestants.

Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame gave his hens male names. If you've read "The World According to Clarkson" you'll know that he shot David Beckham (the chook) by accident one night, thinking it was a fox trying to kill his chooks.

Hopefully by the end of next week we won't be buying any eggs from the supermarket again. I've been down to their pen with an empty egg carton and an axe to let them know their options. I think they got the point, it still has a bit of Wanda's blood on it.

-----------

An update on the photo library.

So far I've had seven photos accepted by Fotalia, there's a banner for their website in my sidebar. Now I've just got to sit back and watch the money roll in. Not really, I need to keep taking photos and build up the number of images I have on their site. I also need to prepare another submission for Shutterstock, now I have better idea of what's acceptable.

If you think you'd like to sell some of your images, or you're a web designer looking for images, why not click on the Shutterstock link or the Fotalia banner and check them out. I get a percentage if you do.

--------

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, this blog reached one thousand hits the other day. The lucky thousandth visitor was someone from Wellington, New Zealand that uses dialup with an ISP called Clear, or something similar.

I suspect it may be Matt whose blog is listed in my sidebar. If not then I have another regular reader that I don't know about. If so, leave me a comment to let me know who you are.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

Congrats on having the photos accepted :)

Love the names for the chooks.